SINGAPORE — With its new “Art of Design” initiative launching this month, GHM is ushering hotel guests into the workshops of stone masons and jewellers, onto the chair in painters’ studios and into the tents of Bedouins.
Each of the GHM luxury hotels below has crafted a two-night minimum stay package highlighting the local art scene:
- The Chedi Andermatt, Switzerland – A soapstone workshop led by a father and son team whose family name has been synonymous with masonry in the region for over three centuries.
- The Chedi Muscat, Oman – A “glamping” excursion to the Wahiba Sands desert where Bedouin women, renowned for their weaving skills, share their generations of knowledge.
- The Nam Hai Hoi An, Vietnam – A personal portrait painted by Vietnamese artist Linh Ho in his signature ‘spontaneous realism’ style.
- The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia – Taking brush to canvas, under the tutelage of noted Balinese artists, to capture the natural beauty and majestic sculptures of the private retreat of one of Indonesia’s foremost architects.
- The Legian Bali, Indonesia – An art-centric tour including a private visit to the workshop of luxury jeweller John Hardy, including normally restricted access to the design centre and jewellery archive, followed by an al fresco lunch with the designers and management team.
“GHM has long drawn design inspiration from each of our hotel’s locations,”said Clement Koh, senior vice president of sales and marketing. “With this new initiative, we are not only continuing our legacy of involving the local community in an integrated and meaningful way, but sharing and connecting guests to each destination’s diverse arts and cultural offering, thereby enabling a genuine experiential travel experience.”
Art of Design experiences vary in length, price and inclusions from US$2,550 for a memorable three-night stay at The Nam Hai with a portrait to take home, to The Chedi Andermatt’s ultra-luxe Gemsstock Suite stay for two nights with a chance to experience the natural landscape in more ways than one. Availability of the respective hotels’ packages are based on seasonality, some starting from mid-June. Enquire directly with each resort for details or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in 1992, GHM (General Hotel Management Ltd.) is known for conceptualising, developing and operating an exclusive group of hotels and resorts. With an expansive portfolio and more projects in the pipeline, GHM prides itself in providing guests with an unrivalled lifestyle experience.
Each GHM property is an original. A symbiotic relationship between the hotel and the local culture enables GHM to provide guests with a genuine, close-up experience of the best each destination has to offer. The signature GHM style melds contemporary interpretations of Asian designs and distinctive local touches to create inspired, memorable spaces.
GHM’s portfolio includes:
- The Legian Bali, Indonesia
- The Club at The Legian Bali, Indonesia
- The Nam Hai Hoi An, Vietnam
- The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- The Chedi Muscat, Oman
- The Chedi Andermatt, Switzerland
GHM properties currently under development:
- The Chedi Club Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia
- The Aayu Mumbai, India
- Al Bait Sharjah, UAE
- The Chedi Tomakomai, Hokkaido, Japan
- The Chedi Dhapparu, Maldives
- The Chedi Tamouda Bay, Morocco
- The Chedi Khorfakkan, Sharjah, UAE
- The Serai Zhudong, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- The Chedi Zhudong, Hsinchu, Taiwan
- The Chedi Club Zhudong, Hsinchu, Taiwan
For more information, please visit www.GHMhotels.com or contact:
GHM Public Relations
General Hotel Management Ltd
1 Orchard Spring Lane
#04-02 Tourism Court
T (65) 6223 3755
F (65) 6221 1535